Position : SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Department: TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging,
Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software
Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
Software Engineer Job Duties:
1. Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
2. Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
3. Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
4. Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
5. Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
6. Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
7. Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
8. Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
9. Full lifecycle application development.
10. Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
11. Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of
code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
12. Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
13. Software modeling and simulation.
14. Front end graphical user interface design.
15. Software testing and quality assurance.
16. Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
17. Support, maintain and document software functionality.
18. Integrate software with existing systems.
19. Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
20. Project Planning and Project Management.
21. Maintain standards compliance.
Position : IT APPLICATION MANAGER
Department: TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Manager is accountable in ensuring that his/her team members carry out their job descriptions accordingly, including monitoring/reviewing their work performance and providing feedback for continuous improvements.
1. Establish policies, standards, procedures and process with regards to all Technology related matters and ensure compliance therein, including to Bank Negara Malaysia’s GPIS1.
2. Develop a 3 year Technology plans and strategies, including budgets.
3. Ensure that all Technology plans and strategies are implemented by the Design & Development, System Support and Channel Support.
4. Ensure that the Technology infrastructure/projects are designed, built and operated securely and with high reliability/efficiency.
5. Assign IT projects to the managers/team and ensure sufficient resources to complete the projects.
6. Evaluate IT proposals by vendors and business partners and provide recommendations to the management.
7. Review IT contracts and advice the Legal Department on key IT contractual terms for inclusion.
8. Ensure efficient and cost effectiveness of vendor support for all Technologies infrastructure/projects.
9. Provides in-depth technical advice, consultancy, clarification and latest IT related developments/technology advancements to the management and department.
10. Attends/report to management on progress/status of all IT projects
11. Maintains strong working relationships/attend meetings with other HODs and business partners/clients.
12. Reports to the Management Committee or Board as required.
13. Represents the Company at IT related interest – seminars, conferences, committee meetings etc.
14. Stays informed about the latest developments in the IT industry, including new products and services, through on-line news services, technical magazines, professional association memberships, industry conferences, special training seminars, etc.
15. Ensure proper IT documents are maintained by the Department.
16. Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.